This is a personal blog. My other stuff: book | home page | Twitter | prepping | CNC robotics | electronics

July 07, 2010

Guerrilla CNC home manufacturing guide

There are about three people in the world who could possibly ever care about this epic work - so today, I am happy to unveil my least useful project to date: the 70,000 word CNC machining and resin casting guide for hobbyist robot builders: You can also check out my current project.

Thank you. We now resume our regularly scheduled programming.

5 comments:

  1. What model CNC machine do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roland MDX-540, it's actually mentioned somewhere in the guide :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much for taking time and writing such a detailed guide. I spent all morning reading it, and I'm getting close to the end of first section. I'm about to make a jump on buying a syil cnc X4 machine with fourth axis, and you guide was a good check list point. It has lower rpm (5000) than what you suggested, and no Z0 sensor, but other than that it has reasonable specs. Can't wait to try making molds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, Syil looks nice, I added them to the doc earlier today; 5000 RPM should still be within the limits of reason - I used 6000 RPM MDX-15 ($2,700) for several months, and can't complain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I'm one of the few who care! I originally found your site searching for CNC info.

    ReplyDelete